Friday, March 28, 2008

The Bubble in my Heart

Running and jumping alive as can be,
She darts to and fro giddier than me
Craving in her eye
Daphne in nature
She is the essence of beauty,
The definition of adventure
Always chasing, always darting
Flirting with the essence of excitement
Watching her is like dancing,
Seeing her grace like the moonlight on a quiet lake
Graceful as the dove who perches
Precious as a field of daffodils rolling through the breeze
How love embodies a girl
Perfect in nature and composure to my eyes
Changing eyes,
Those eyes that sparkle with the moonlight,
Resting softly upon my shoulder.
My breath short, upon wondering
I find no reason for her assuredness in me
So all the closer I hold her, exploring her shoulder with my touch
Matching my rhythm to hers
How sweet love divine
How marvelous it feels
As her quiet magnitude overwhelms me
The depth of her spirit
As bottomless as the Atlantic
She is my comfort in a broken land
My ground on which I stand to reach the world.
How could I ever dream of more?

No comments: